Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2003/03/23

chronic headaches

Dear Doc

I have been having this head-ache for about two weeks now. The pain starts in my eyes and goes down to my jaw and neck. The side of my face (next to eyes) feel bruised and is very painful. If I wear my glasses my headaches are lighter, the only problem is that it is suppose to be a pair of reading glasses only. No pain pills help me, what could be wrong?

Desperate, it’s possible that it’s due to your eyes getting worse, so that’s the first thing I would have checked if I were you. It might also be due to stress. Stress can cause neck muscle spasm that can lead to headache and it can make you grind your teeth that can also cause fairly severe pain (especially in the temporal area). If your eyes are OK, the best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out. Good luck.
PS If your interested in something I wrote a while ago on the most common types of headache, you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za.