Posted by: Ané l de Vries | 2012/10/17

Chronic hayfever and nosebleeds

My 11 year old dauhter has terrible hayfever. We do live in an area with one of the highest pollen counts (etc.), but as moving is not an option we resort to medication. She has to take 180mg of anti-histamine twice a day in order to function normally and by 2 in the afternoon the symptoms are back in full force. As she is tall for her size the doctor agreed to give her the hayfever injection. It worked for all of three days and she is back to oral medication. Her nosebleeds are constant 4 to 5 times a day. This is placing a hamper on her daily activities and I really don''t like feeding her so many tablets.

What can I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I think you have to consult an allergy specialist. It will be useful to determine exactly what she is allergic to. The doctor can inject the allergen at slow increments to desensitise her to the spesific allergen.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2012/10/17


Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.