Posted by: Adrian | 2008/07/04

Chronic fatigue syndrome support group

Can someone give me the address of a CFS support group or better still a Doctor who will admit that there is such a disorder PLEASE?

The diagnosis is still controversial, as you know --- and the important thing is that it HAS become very clear that many people who sincerely believed they were suffering from CFS have proved to have other conditions, including Depression, which responded well to appropriate treatment. So by all means seek a doctor who would consider CFS as one possible diagnosis, but who would also have an open mind as to alternative causes of your symptoms, too. I'm not aware of a support group for CFS

Posted by: Retha | 2009/02/16

Kindly advise whether you know of any chronic fatigue syndrome support groups in RSA. Also, kindly advise whether you have contract details of doctors working with CFS patients in Gauteng.

Kind regards

Reply to Retha | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Ronel Jacobs | 2015/01/30

Dear Retha Just want to know if you found a support group for CFS and was the inquiry for yourself or a relative?

Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008/07/04

Look online. Google it and you'll find online forums.

Reply to Kay in Gtown