Posted by: Jenny | 2007/02/20

Chronic Fatigue / ME

Do you know of any doctors in Johannesburg (other than Dr Jardin) who specialise in treating ME/Chronic Fatigue? I believe a Dr Alta Smit in Norwood specialised in this disease but no longer seems to practice in SA?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Jenny
Rheumatology Unit, Milpark Hospital, Johannesburg
Or see on under Medical for a private rheumatologist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: lana | 2007/02/21

I've just been to a kinetologist after hitting many dead ends with GP's (nothing against them). She said I had a symtom called Candida Albicans Syndrome. She has me now on a very strict diet for a month thereafter she has pinpointed foods suited to my body. Its like putting diesel into a petrol motor. I'm in Cape Town area so I can't pass on her info.

Good luck

Reply to lana

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.