Question
Posted by: TATT | 2007/03/22

Chronic Fatigue caused b Cytomegalovirus

Dear Dr

I have recently been diagosed with Chronic fatigue disorder by my doctor. Thus far I have heard that there is nothing much I can do except eat more fruit and veggies and try to exercise when I can manage.

On one hand I am very glad that I now know what is 'wrong' with me and why I have been so tired for so long. I have recently returned from the UK and had some money to rest for a couple of months.

But now the money is drying up and I need to find work. I desperately need to know if there is some guidelines and medication I can take to help me gain some energy to at least try and lead a normal life.

Kind regards,
TATT

Dear Tatt
Taking a low dose antidepressant at night (10-25mg Tryptanol), supplement your diet with vit B complex and Magnesium, get at least 20 min exercise per day ( walking is fine) to stimulate endorphins.
Read up about this:
http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/

Chronic fatique syndrome is a diagnosis of exclusion, so you must be sure that the doctor checked all the possible treatable reasons: Viral infections, tickbite fever, thyroid problems, anemia, depression, diabetes, Cushing syndrome, Addissons disease, sleep apnoea, bacterial infections like chronic sinusitis, vitamin B shortages, Low Ferritin, Outo immune diseases. If not, rather see a physician first.