Question
Posted by: Patrick | 2002/12/13

Chronic facial skin infection

My face has a chronic skin problem that does not stop. A dermatologist i visited said its acne vulgaris but i dont develope any pimples or black heads.It looks more like a facial rash cause the pimples are so tiny and many and its ichy sometimes . I have used many chemicals but it does not stop. For example if i use hydrocortisone the rash disappears but reappears as soon as i stop using it. My face is not that oily its moderate.

Patrick, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to see it, but it sounds like it’s some form of eczema or psoriasis. I say this because cortisone usually doesn’t work for acne vulgaris and because it returns as soon as you stop the cream. The best would be to get a second opinion from a different dermatologist. Good luck.