Question
Posted by: Jins | 2007/08/11

CHRONIC DIARHOEA

I had chronic diarhoea for a month. Eventually went to a specialist who immediately put me into hospital for dehydration, stomach pain and diarhoea. He did a gastroscopy, colonscopy, ultrasound, x-rays, stool samples and numerous blood tests. Eventually diagnosed that pancreas was not secreting enzymes used to digest food and I was placed on 3 antibiotics, have to take 2 enzyme capsules before meals and also Fybogel. Also saw a dietician who put me on a light diet. I was in hospital for 6 days, 2 days after returning home the diarhoea returned. I stopped the Fybogel but to no avail. My stomach runs about 10 times a day and is just bright orange "water", no bulk. What do I do? PS I abused alcohol for a number of years and have been sober for 110 days after attending rehab. I know that has bearing on the disease.

Dear Jins
You must inform your specialist that the diarrhoea is still ongoing - no home remedies will help for this - Fybogel actually absorbs much of the water in watery diarrhoea, so start taking it again?