Question
Posted by: Liz | 2007/12/03

Chronic depression

Since I've started my working career I've been "forcing myself to be ill" every 2/3 months. Its like I dont have anything to make me want to get up in the morning for work. My friend says I'm a chronic depression but I am not certain, I have not seen a psychiatrist/psychologist as yet. I dont have tendencies to harm myself or people around me. I just get really really down and dont want to get up some mornings to come to work.

Getting really down to the point of not wanting to get up and get on with work and life in general could be a form of Depression, or some related problem, and probably something that would respond really well to proper treatment, so it'd be an excellent idea for you to see a good local shrink for a proper assessment and a discussion treatment options. As Maria mentions, true Depression includes a number of other symptoms.

1
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/03

Hi Liz. I think you need to give a bit more information before someone will be able to help you. How long has this been going on for? Do you have any other symptoms, e.g. feelings of sadness and inferiority, changes in sleeping patterns, changes in eating patterns, not enjoying things that used to give you pleasure?

Reply to Maria