Question
Posted by: Gen | 2008/06/24

Chronic bronchritis

Hi, I suffer from chronic bronchitis - used to get it every winter since the age of about 24. Got so bad in the first year (3 mths of coughing) my doctor prescribed an asthma pump (corticosteroids) and this was the only thing which eventually helped. In subsequent years, as soon as the symptoms returned, I just used the asthma pump for a week until it cleared up. Then suddenly it ceased and the last 4 years I didn't get it. Asthma pump had expired in any case and I threw it away. This year it has struck again, but my previous doctor is no longer in the country. My new doctor only wants to prescribe antibiotics and these have not helped. I am hacking brown and green muck again and can now not afford to go back to the doctor again (I do not have medical aid). I am using Alcophyllex during the day and AC200 mucolytic at night so that I can sleep. Taking Corenza and Cal-c-vita. Is there anything else I can do to stop this getting worse? Any natural or over the counter remedies that will help? Thanks

Dear Gen
No, I don’t think so – phone the doctor and ask him for a prescription of Meticorten or Pulmicort over the telephone or ask the pharmacist for Beclate inhaler .

1
Posted by: etienne buys | 2009/07/04

may epileptics drink/use alcophyllex.

Reply to etienne buys