Posted by: Herman Kleynhans | 2011/09/27

Chronic Alergy?

I Have a alergy that hits out in hives, I have been to many a doctor for tests for the past 20 years and they cant find what I am alergic to, all I know is that it is worse when I eat foods that has sunflower products in it, I am curently taking 75mg of phenergan ( No other anti-histamine works for me) a day just to live a semi normal life, what can I do? I have no medical aid and I am of low income. I just want to live normal without having to take pills every day

Thank you.

Herman Kleynhans.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You can consult a pathology lab for blood tests to determine if there is something that you are allergic to. Unfortunately, it is expensive and depends on how many products you are tested for. You can also consult an allergy specialist. State care does not provide these special tests.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.