Question
Posted by: Joe | 2004/03/11

Chromosome abnormalities

I had 3 miscarrages in 8 months and every time the fetus did not develope after 6 weeks. My husband and myself are going for bloodtest to investigate the possibility of chromosome abnormalities. If there is a probelm, does it mean that we won't be able to have children? Where can read more about this? Please help!!

It is only a very rare condition called a balanced translocation which both you and your husband have which would be a chromosomal reason for miscarriages. If this were the case, it would depend which chromosome is abnormal. It is probably best to wait and find out if there is a problem before you worry, as different problems have different implications.