Question
Posted by: Regina | 2006/04/21

CHROMIUM and GREEN TEA for Weight Loss

I want to lose about 4kg within the next eight weeks.

Will it help to take CHROMIUM and GREEN TEA to stabilize my blood sugar and suppress my appetite?

Are there any danges attached to taking the above and do they cause any digestive disorders (e.g. nausea, constipation), etc?

Dear Regina
You can use these supplements to stabilise your blood sugar (the chromium) and reduce your appetite slightly (the green tea). If you don't at the same time reduce your energy intake and increase your energy output then the products alone will not cause weight loss. Do not exceed a dose of 200 microgram of chromium per day as taking more does not improve the result and excessive chromium intake can be dangerous. As far as I have been able to determine, green tea should not make you suffer any ill effects. Of course if you should be sensitive to these products and develop any side-effects, then you would have to stop taking them.