Question
Posted by: Sue | 2003/12/03

CHROMIUM

I have started taking chromium to help control my blood sugar levels for the day. Im also hoping it will help prevent sugar cravings. Can chromium make me put on weight or will it help with control my cravings and loose weight.

Dear Sue
Research has shown that chromium can assist with regulating your blood sugar levels and in reducing weight. So do use the chromium for at least 3 months as it can take this long for the full effect to become evident. Also don't exceed the recommended dose of 200 micrograms a day - research indicated that taking more does not improve the effect, and as chromium is one of the heavy metals, one should not take it in excess.