Question
Posted by: Maggied | 2002/12/04

Chrohns disease

I would like to know what dieet will be the best for Chrohns disease. The doctor only found out about to weeks ago that I have this disease.

Thanking u
Maggied

Dear Maggie
Sorry to hear about your problem. One of the most important factors in Crohn's disease is taking omega-3 fatty acids, so do try taking Salmon oil capsules. If you get anaemic or start to lose weight, then you can consider taking iron and folic acid for the anaemia and liquid food supplements to boost your energy intake. I would also recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) for the name and address of your nearest dietitian), who will help you work out a diet for the different nutritional needs you may have when the inflammation is acute and at times when you are in remission.