Question
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/02

Christmas gifts?

Just thought of this before we knock off for weekend:

What do you want for Christmas.

Some nice wish lists, limited only by funds, and some very sad, like Valkyrie's and Delene's as they wuld b marvellous but are no longer possible, except in our memories

34
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/02

Hi All - reading all these posts - well I would love to meet the regulars here who have become cyber pals over the weeks: Frusty, CP Mom, Jakes, Delene, Parabola, Buzz, wattodo, Twink, etc. Oh yes, may I dare say - CS!!!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Parabola, and what do you want as the main present? Hahaha. Geez! Tall order.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: «Parab☻la»™ | 2005/12/02

An iPod video, a paintball gun, a drum set, 1024 adsl, 22" LCD monitor, flatron TV, a dog, a new washing machine and dryer, at least R10 000 worth of clothes, silk sheets, Desert Eagle, a ticket to the next Tool concert and some skittles.

Reply to «Parab☻la»™
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

I agree with you Nomsa, Frusty's experience is inspiring. Have a super weekend.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Thank you so much Nomsa for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. I am so glad that my experience and putting it on the forum was able to help at least one person. That makes it all worth while.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/02

I wish i can just once have my grandma's food again!!!
And the smell when we always walked in her house.....
Those things we cant get back

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Nomsa | 2005/12/02

Hey Frusty, u r one hell of a lady. I've been following ur posting for quite sometime, and u just oooooooze with confidince. u give me so much hope in all my dilemas. and the day i read ur posting where u changed ur attitude......it was something abt u going to d gym and u came back totally transformed, that was the BOMB! i was like this is what ive been missing.

Funny though i did d same. my fiance is a "snake" as well but when i stopped fussing abt him and did my own thing....started jogging, went out wth our daughter.....not waiting for him to do things, he started paying attention to me. at one stage he asked me what was i up to.....thought i was having an affair........bt i had changed my attitude and realised dat my life shouldnt revolve around him.......

anyway what i want for x-mas is an offer for a better paying job. currently sitting on R2000 sad hey! that's why the bugger is got an upper hand.

My favourite forumaus are Frusty(of course!) lady nina, cp mom, delene, buzz. but i like everybody except two stupid ones who alwayz cause trouble...they write in afrikaans have forgotten name.

enjoy wkend.

Reply to Nomsa
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/02

You know about the foxie chasing the bus.

Don't know, maybe CS email thing is not too bad. Let's see.

Have to go now - will catch up later tinight

Enjoy

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Jakes, I think Tango has many hidden powers, not just physical power. What will you do if she takes you up on your offer?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

That sounds cool, Jakes. As long as I don't have to bait the hooks to catch the fish. Yuck!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. Now put a smile on your dial and have a great weekend.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/02

Yep it is - but you know what? A trip with Tango down the Fish - Problem is she will have to carry me most of the way

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Oh Buzz, the love died a very long time ago. It is for the love of my children that I am where I am, and will probably stay there until the youngest is on his way. Then he won't see me for dust! It is very hard work though. But I will not stop believing that one day I will find, if not happiness, then at least peace.

Anyway, I am not going to be sad and dwell on it.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Frusty, what we wouldn't do for love, what's more, what we wouldn't sacrifice for our children? I admire your strength of character, and I hope things work out for you, one way or the other.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

I have tried for years to get him into counselling. He won't go. At this point in time, leaving him would only hurt my younger son as he is settled in the school he is at and made friends etc. Also, financially it is not an option now. When we were in S.A. I had my own business. Now I just do the odd digitizing here and there for peanuts, basically just to keep me sane. We moved here for a number of reasons, but the biggest one was to give our marriage another go. Fourth time lucky? I think not. So, basically, I am stuck for the moment.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Hey Jakes, your wishlist made me sad. I'm sure it's easy to put the ring back on, but it's more than just a symbol isn't it?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Absolutely. And good for you for changing your view and attitude. I'm sure you feel empowered. But are things going to stay this way, are you considering a separation or counselling?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

The funny thing is, Buzz, that since I have changed my attitude in that I just smile at him when he tries to do or say something to hurt him hasn't changed the situation, it has just made me stronger. I can see the look in his eyes when he says or does something that would normally have hurt me. It is this strange look of total incomprehension. He cannot understand that he no longer has the power to hurt me. So, bottom line, nothing has changed, but I have! Does that make sense at all?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Nat | 2005/12/02

Enough capital to start my own business!

Reply to Nat
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

And the status quo between you and hubby? If you don't mind me asking.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: twink | 2005/12/02

an all expenses paid trip to italy.

Reply to twink
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Buzz, so far, permanently. But coming down on my own next year. We'll see what happens then!! Sounds ominous, doesn't it?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/12/02

I would love to get peace in my heart - not feel so tangled up inside.............. If I dont get that, then I want a good perfume :)

HAve a lovely weekend everyone - be safe.

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

An Exclusive Books voucher!!! Btw Frusty, how long are you staying in the UK?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Jakes, I won't ask why you took it off, because I know, but what did you do with it? And do you mean that you just want things to be the way they were, or just the ring?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/02

Eish Jakes wil jy 'n mens nou laat ween op hierdie Vrydag middag!

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/02

One more Christmas with my family that has passed away.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: noodle | 2005/12/02

Jakes,
why did you take it off and why didn't you put it back on ??

Reply to noodle
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/02

My wedding ring which I took off on my birthday on 8 Feb

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Thanks HoT! But I don't think I am likely to get lost, but then you never know. I once got lost on the way home!!!

Jakes, what do you want?

Buzz, and you?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Jakes, and you?

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: hOt | 2005/12/02

Frusty

I'll have a sign around my neck at the airport saying : NUTCASES H24 ?

Reply to hOt
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

A one-way plane ticket back to S.A.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: HoT | 2005/12/02

a new b/f ? lol.

Reply to HoT