Question
Posted by: MABRR | 2004/11/23

CHOOSING HOSPITAL OF CHOICE TO DELIVER THE BABY?

HELLO

I JUST WANNA FIND OUT WETHER GENERAL HOSPITAL WORKS THE SAME AS PRIVATE HOSPITALS WHEN DELIVERING BABIES?
DO WE HAVE TO BOOK A BED AT GENERAL HOSPITAL OR U JUST GO WHEN YOU ARE READY?
DO U BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND PILLOW OR BLANCKETS?
IF U ATTEND YOUR DAILY CHECKUP AT HOSPITAL IN PTA AND IT HAPPENS THAT YOUR TIME TO DELIVER ARRIVES WHILE U ARE AT JHB, ARE THEY GONNA ADMIT U IN ANY GENERAL HOSPITAL IN JHB OR THEY GONNA SEND YOU TO THE HOSPITAL U ATTENDED IN PTA?

I'M CURRENTLY 32 WEEKS AND WANT TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE MEDICAL AID.

Usually you would book and have your antenatal care at a particular hospital and then, when you go into labour, you go to the labour ward at that hospital. If you are attending a diffeent hospital from the one where you are intending delivering, you should contact that hospital to find out the details.