Question
Posted by: Gill | 2008/05/30

cholestrol

my cholestrol is 8.3 my gp put me on aspavor, nine years ago giving birth I developed HELLP syndrome, multiple organ failure, my concern is will aspavor have an adverse effect on my liver, as my cardio told me when recovered from HELLP syndrome that my organs, albeit fine, will never work at 100%

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

An cholestrol of 8.3 is very high and needs to be treated correctly. There are medication that does not affect your liver but gets excreted through the kidneys. I do however, suggest that if you are on some form of medication, you should have your organs tested every three months, i.e. liver function test, kidney function test.

It is very important to exercise regularly and to try and control your cholestrol as much as possible, with the correct diet.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/01

Aspavor is the generic of Lipitor. I would imagine that as long as you have regular liver function tests you should be fine. This is one of the top medications for treating high cholesterol levels.

What dose are you taking? Does your doctor treating your cholesterol know about your syndrome you developed? If he/she does then they would more than likely do regular liver function tests to monitor your liver.

Reply to anxious