Question
Posted by: Poppy | 2007/05/02

Cholestrol

Good Morning.

I had a cholestrol test done over the weekend and it was 5.14. I'm 22 years old, eat fairly well, and exercise at least 3 times a week.
should i be worried? Could this cause headaches?

Dear Poppy
It won't cause headaches. Cholesterol could be hereditary - so keep an eye on this.

2
Posted by: Poppy | 2007/05/03

Thanks Cornel and CD.
I really appreciate the advise.
I'll just watch my food intake, oh and Cornel, i'm not sure if there is a family history. But i'm guessing there must.

Have a good day :)

Reply to Poppy
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/05/02

Do you have a history of Cholestorol in the family?

If the answer is yes, then you have hereditary Cholestorol and no matter what you do, your body will "collect" the Cholestorol and this will be bad for your heart.

I don't think 5.14 is very high and that you would need medication at this stage, but it will help if you avoid fatty food and just keep on eating healthy and maintain a healthy weight.

Hope I could help while you are waiting for CD to answer.

Reply to Cornel