Question
Posted by: Sporty Spice | 2002/12/20

Cholestorol

Hi there. I have been diagnosed with medium to high cholesterol. This is quite strange as my diet is low fat, no sugar and I exercise daily. The only reason I can relate the condition to is stress. Could you perhaps recommend a diet I should follow ? I have not been put on medication yet.

Dear Sporty Spice
Your increased cholesterol may be due to genetic tendencies. To lower cholesterol you need to eat a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for an example of a low-fat, high-fibre diet). Compare this diet with what you are eating and make the necessary adjustments. It also helps to use Flora pro-activ margarine which you can buy in most supermarkets and to take Salmon oil capsules to boost your omega-3 intake.