Question
Posted by: George | 2012/05/29

Cholesterol

Hi Doc,

I went for a cholesterol check at the chemist (finger prick) and my Cholesterol reading was 6.25
I am 39 years old and reasonably fit and Gym normally 3-4 times per week.
My blood pressure is usually 120/80 or thereabout.
Should I be really concrened about my Cholesterol level?
I do eat a lot of fast foods, do you think cutting this out will sort out my Cholesterol?

George

George

I suggest that you consult your GP for a fasting lipid profile to determine if you do have elevated cholesterol levels.

1
Posted by: George | 2012/06/04

Hi Doc,

I did go for a fasting Lipid profile and the results were Overall Cholesterol 6.1, tryglycerides 2.7 and bad Cholesterol 3.7, Good cholesterol 1.2 - Do you think Diet can fix this or should I take Statins?

Blood pressure and all other tests were fine.

George

Reply to George