Posted by: Max. | 2008/08/09

Hullo Doctor, Could you please tell me if it is dangerous to reduce cholesterol too much? My total cholesterol is 2.9, Hdl 1.9 LDL 1.6 and triglycerids. Thank you.

Thank you for visiting

Your lipid profile sounds fine. Continue with a normal diet, cut out exessive fat and do regular exercise and you will have no concerns. Dropping your total cholesterol too low, can have negative effects on neural communication, i.e. communication between the nerves.

Kind regards

Posted by: Max. | 2008/08/11

Hullo Doctor, Thank you for your reply. I suffer from familia-hypercholestrolaema, [not sure of correct spelling] which resulted in a quadruple heart by-pass three years ago. I was thinking of useing cholesterol reducing margerine, hence my question.

Reply to Max.