Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/09

CHOLESTEROL

I dropped my Ezetrol in March this year because of Disovery's new rules about non-generics etc and was taking it with Lipitor 40mg - they worked perfectly but the Ezetrol became too expensive. My levels as you might remember went up to 5.95 from the 4.34 with Ezetrol. My gp upped my Lipitor instead to 60mg on 20 May and I went for another cholesterol test on 30/5 - he wanted me to go before he went away - hes now away for 2 wks - and I was only on 60mg Lipitor 10 days and it came down from 5.95 to 4.7! My question is I am having another cholesterol test on 28/6 - if this is already down this much after only 10 days - it will be 5 wks since I started taking the extra dosage when I go 28/6 wont it maybe be too low by then, or can you not have "too" low cholesterol?! I was just wondering if one can take too strong a medication for cholesterol thus making it too low!

Thanks for the help.

Dear Anxious
No, it normally won't make cholesterol too low - will usually stabilize on a lower level. I am glad that the higher dose is effective for you!