Question
Posted by: LS | 2007/12/07

Cholesterol

Hi Doc. This is the 3rd time I'm posting this and somehow it get deleted.

I'm a 32yrs old male with high cholesterol. At first I thought it was due to being overweight but I've been eating healthy and exercising in the past yr and lost the excessive weight. My BMI went from 30 to 25. However, my cholesterol rate hasnt imporived. I'm worried - especially since there's is history of heart deseases in my family. Please help on how can I bring it down - it the a prescription drug I can use - since a healthy lifestyle hasnt improved my risk rate.

Dear LS

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You should visit your GP, in order for him/her to prescribe Lipitor. This is a safe drug with little side effects and it is very effective in lowering cholesterol. You can consult our online Dietrician regarding a diet especially tailored to a person with high cholesterol.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Info | 2007/12/08

See your doctor for medication...but i am sure he will start you off with Lipitor 10mg 1 x daily.

Also look at foods that actually lower the LDl ( the bad one ) and raises the HDL ( the good one ) for e.g. nuts etc.

Reply to Info
Posted by: a Friend | 2007/12/07

You have to find out if you have family history of Cholesterol. If that is the case, then healthy eating and lifestyle will improve it, but not cure it. Then you will need chronic medicine to keep it under control. Have you done a fasting Lipogram yet?

Reply to a Friend