Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/05/09

CHOLESTEROL

CD

I am getting more used to my stocking every day! I am mastering it better in the am - I am now down to 20mins putting it on from about 30mins! I have to put on rubber gloves (I can never get the dam thinngs on - I have never used them before - it makes it much easier to put it on) and put the foot slip on first which also helps.

I went for my usual blood & urine tests on Mon and my gp was not at all happy with my cholesterol. I switched in January from Lipitor 40mg to Simvastatin 40mg because Discovery refuse to pay for Lipitor above 10mg from this year as its not on their "formulary!" The combinitation of Lipitor and Ezetrol worked liked a charm and before I switched my cholesterol results in Dec were 4.2! But guess what? Lipitor have now got clever and have come up with their own generic to replace the money they are going to lose when their patent expires for Lipitor (Aspavor) and are getting in before the other companies. Rather sneaky if you ask me! It seems Discovery will cover it on chronics because its a generic. Hip hip hooray, for a change I can get something right with them with chronics! I tried to get my Paroven with the help of my surgeon (they flatly refused it saying its "not on their chronic conditions!") What's new!

Dear Anxious
Put a bit of baby powder in the gloves - makes it slip on easier!

1
Posted by: Gerry | 2007/08/30

What is up with the depletion of Co Q10 by Statin drugs like
Lipitor ? Americans are warned to prevent heart failure by
supplementing if taking statin

Reply to Gerry