Posted by: Whooz | 2007/02/21

Cholesteatoma: Where to from here???????

Yesterday my local GP diagnosed me with this "ear infection"
I DON'T HAVE MEDICAL AID AND CANNOT AFFORD IT!!!!!!! Not the aid or the procedure.... what can I do Doc??? I have to go to specialists and surgery and I am sort of freaking out cause I can't hear anything in my right ear - almost 70% hearing loss. Can you tell me approx. how much this kind of operation costs? Do people refer to cholesteatoma as "ear-cancer?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Whooz
Breathe in deeply ... this is one of the things they can treat very successfully at the ENT department of Academic hospitals - ask your doctor to write you a referral letter to the ENT department nearest to you where they will do further tests. Cholesteatoma is not an ear cancer but can be dangerous as the size can erode important structures in the ear , so don't waste any time.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.