Question
Posted by: mimi | 2004/10/19

Choices in life

Hi all
Thank you all for you're advise and opinions , I realy do appreciate it , at home it is if I can not even get words to come , it feels to me if someone stole my tongue , my husband is like a cat on a hot stove , wanting to fetch the children , wanting to buy supper , byuing me magazines , sorry it is too late now , I am use to this kind of behaviour.
I gave him a choice , either we get profesional help or it is over , I am thinking of AA or Elim clinic , if he does not think he has a problem then it will be over immediatly. If he starts his old ways of doing things it will be over , I do not even want to go through all this therapy , but I come from a broken home and it is so sad , and therefor I will give it 1last change .......... I will not allow him to waste 1 more day of MY life or those of my children !
Some one said to me "Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic" how true is this , is there any family that healed from this ? can it realy work ?

I'm surprised others haven't responded to you yet, mimi. yes, it's true that "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic", but people can transform themselves into an alcoholic who doesn't drink, and who can live a happy life within a happy family, while avoiding the booze. Good luck with holding to your resolve, and in persuading him to get the help he sounds as if he realyl needs.

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/20

Hi Mimi,

I am glad that you have taken a stand & that you're determined to stand by it. Hang in there girl. It takes time, but if its meant to happen, it will. To me, you are one strong woman, always remember that!!!

You know you have my best wishes & you'll be in my prayers too.
Take care Mimi, & thank you for keeping us up to date.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun