Question
Posted by: Mtv | 2005/07/06

Chlamydia in fection

Dear Doc

after being taken few blood test i tested slightly positive on the Chlamyd test and was given a pill to to take for that.
1.Can you please explain to me what is it and what effect does it have when a woman wants to conceive.
2. Will the medication make me fertile because i'm not using any protection (Married)

I resume that you had an antibiotic. It won't have any effect on conception, but some antibiotics chould not be taken if you are pregnant. Antibiotics will not make you fertile. It treats the infection. If there has been tubal damage this will not be reversed by the antibiotic.

1
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/06

Chlamydia is a bug which causes genital tract infections. It typically presents with symptoms of abdominal pain and a discharge, though it may be asymptomatic and only cause problems later. These symptoms are not the same as thrush, which usually has an itchy discharge with no abdominal pain. Chlamydia is sexualy transmitted. The treatment is antibiotics, specifically Doxycycline.

If chlamydia is treated promptly no damage to your Fallopian tubes need happen. The proof of any serious damage would only become apparent once you desire a pregnancy and it does not happen.

Reply to Lee