Posted by: amy | 2009/08/13


dear cyberdoc

i have the most wonderful boyfriend, but has recently discovered he has chlamyia (STD) and probably from his last relationship. we have always had sex with a condom (and oral sex a few times without). his doctor gave him Aspen azithromycin but it still persisted. he wet the bed a few times while sleeping and says it burns when urinating. could you help?
and please tell i probably don' t have it!! having a pap smear tomnorrow, will they pick it up if i have?
oh can you catch it from towel, hands etc?

thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Amy
Ask your doctor to test you for it, as it won't help if he is treated and you are infected - you will just pass the infection to each other all the time. He may need to use more than one course of antibiotics to get rid of it.
See also
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.