Question
Posted by: chirochick | 2007/06/22

chiropractic

hallo chirodoc.im an MTECH student and would like to get your help for my research.do you know of any websites i can go to ,for information on THE COST OF BACK PAIN TREATMENT,ACROSS ALL MEDICAL FIELDS.I want to know what people pay at different doctors for backpain treatment.
wii be glad to hear from you.
yours sincerily
chirochick

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Hi there - "ChiroChic" - pleased to meet you!! Cost studies are presently not available on the SA scene - but you should be able to source such information from some of the major medical schemes.
Chronic low back pain frequently affects people in their prime working years and, as a result, it is the single largest cause of lost work days and lost income. It also accounts for more than 25 percent of all workers' compensation claims, with a great cost to society. Additionally, while studies show that many sufferers do not seek medical attention, chronic low back pain remains a primary reason for hospital and physician office visits.

Internationally there may be some available and a bit of internet surfing may prove beneficial Some useful Low Back Pain Websites

National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)

National Institutes of Health: Medline Plus

StopPain.org

Hope this helps a bit - but give me call and I'll try to assist a little more....0583034571