Question
Posted by: Christal | 2007/03/07

CHIRO ADVICE NOT CORRECT?

Good day,

I have a Shuffelas (excuse the spelling) fracture in my neck (5 years old), a skew spine and my ligaments in my mid back have some problems, which causes me constant pain. This all from my Chiropractor.

His solution for my pain was anti-inflammatory, losing weight (as I am overweight and this causes pressure on my neck and spine due to large belly and breasts) and getting fit by only cycling and walking but no other exercise (not even stretching) as he first wants me to get fit and then after 3 months he will send me a program for stretches.

I would like to know now, can I do Pilates which I can take at the gym (not a professional) or should I follow his advice and just walk, but the problem is I find it so boring that I end up not going to the gym at all, a class at least motivates me to go?

Would it even be possible for me to get fit by Kataboxing?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Christal - your problem has apparently taken some time to develope!! You simply will not recover overnight and your chiropractor's advice seems fairly logical. Be patient with yourself and follow his advice - discuss the Pilates exercises with him too - he may agree to certyain of the exercises.
Hang in there and BE PATIENT !!