Question
Posted by: TNT | 2004/10/12

Chinese Viagra?

At a dinner party on Saturday night, a friend of mine showed me what he claimed to be Chinese Viagra. It was in very glitzy packaging and he said he bought the pack of four for R100. He gave me two tablets, assuring me that they worked. Evidently he had used them before. I don't need it but I must confess a certain curiosity. I remember reading an article in the Fair Lady magazine (or was it Cosmo?) some years ago wherein the reporter - a healthy young female - took a viagra tab to see what would happen. According to her the result was outstanding. She became incredibly horny, so much so that she had to "take matters into her own hands" to relieve the tension. So my curiousity stems from the fact that this may make me extra horny....

The fact that they are "chinese" does bother me - is it the real thing or not? If not, is it dangerous?

Viagra doesn't make you "horny". Viagra increases blood flow to the genitals , is a scheduled medication and should not be used with nitrates. It can lower your blood pressure, cause headaches and nausea. However, as this is "Chinese Viagra" in the glitzy pack, so cheap that your friend gives it away, it more than likely has a lot of sugar coatings and some deer horn, maybe a vitamin or two and ginseng.

Is it dangerous, well, look at the content in the packet insert. If it hasn't got, well, tata ma chance

Dr Elna McIntosh