Question
Posted by: Mika | 2007/07/24

Chillblains

I was recently advised to see a dermatologist and I have been diagnosed with Chillblains. I am using topical ointments Heparin and another one which helps with the swelling and itchiness. I have been told that I will most likely get this for many years each winter. What can I eat or do so that I can naturally diminish this inconvenience? I do have bad circulation in general and have started exercising to assist with this, what else should I do so that I don't have to go through this every single winter?

Expert ImageArchive

Most important if you are a smoker STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep warm naturally and avoid artificial sources of heat like hot water bottles hot baths etc
there are homeopathic remedies that can also assist but I a cannot prescribe over this forum so please see a homeopath