Question
Posted by: J | 2007/11/26

Chill and Carol - post 562

Low and behold, my rescue JR female who I got from Wetnose 2 months ago seems to have come on heat. Now at the time of adoption, they were pretty sure she was spayed but couldn't find her sterilisation records. I took her to my vet who also struggled to determine whether she has been sterilised - it was a quick 2 minute examination as the dog was so stressed.

She is now spotting and swollen (excuse my ignorance - never had a female dog come on heat) and she is booked in for Wednesday to be done.

This could perhaps also be why my male is acting out of the ordinary.

Chill thanks for asking, but my bf is in ICU with blood poisining and I'm really struggling at the moment (emotionally) and now this to top it all off!

Thanks as always for the great support, ytou guys are the best.

Sometimes hormone tests can be done to determine if bitches have been spayed but these tests are costly and probably not performed by the charities for that reason.

3
Posted by: Chill | 2007/11/27

Well look on the little tiny bright side... at least you've probably found the cause of the dog's strange widdling behaviour.

Good luck, with the dogs and specially with the bf!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Chill | 2007/11/27

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2007/11/27

Ah ..... the solution to the problem.

Im sorry about your bf ... just relax and try an be positive at least the doggie issue is almost sorted

Reply to Carol