Question
Posted by: Unique | 2008/01/10

Children after PCOS?

Did anyone here have a child after PCOS - without going for fertility treatment?

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 days ago. I am fortunate to already have 2 kids. I was busy deciding whether to have #3 but now reading about PCOS it appears that decision may have been made for me already. If it doesn't happen naturally I won't go to the extent of fertility treatment. I just need to know and take out the Mirena if I can't have kids anyway.

Having PCOS does not mean that you are definitely infertile, so it is possible that you could have more children.

2
Posted by: Unique | 2008/01/11

Thank you very much for you response. Your story is quite encouraging.

Good luck with your pregnancy. I'm certain she will bring you a lot of joy.

Reply to Unique
Posted by: Nell | 2008/01/10

Hi Unique,

Let me tell you my story. I'm 28 and for as long as i could remember have always had problems with my period. If i got it once a year i was lucky,i even went on the pill but after 3 months my period would just STOP. my doctors put it down to hormones. In August last year i was diagnosed with severe PCOS. My gynae actually said that for me to concieve will be really difficult and that fertility treament would be necessary. I was not planning to have any kids at that particular time, but i was devastated as i've always wanted children one day.

I was put on glucophage 850mg, twice a day for six months for the cysts as well as on Femodene. My cycle on the glucophage finished but i only needed to go back once my pill was finished. In june i had my normal period and missed a 3 days between my packs.

Well guess what, I conceived. I didn't believe it, hpt always gave a very second feint line. I decided after the 5th test to see my gynae and when he did the scan, there was my little angel. I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and looking forward to meeting her.

My gynae calls her his miracle baby as he thought we would be in for a rough ride when it came time for me to have babies.

So is it possible to have pcos and concieve naturally without Fertility treatment you ask? I'm living proof.

So good luck

Reply to Nell