Posted by: SheShe | 2004/11/08

Childhood affecting me

Can someone please assist me,I am a 21 year old female, my problem is that I have always been sefl concious and I always had this wierd feeling deep down. I feel like crying in the middle of the night, get frightened, start feeling depressed and I have this feeling that in my childhood something bad happened to me. What do I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

maybe you'd be surprised both to know how comon this sort of feeling is ( obviously people don't advertise the fact that they feel this way ) and how much it can be helped by seeing a shrink for counselling. With such expert help, you can build your self-confidence and comfort in social situations and in relating to other people, and become far happier than you have been so far.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: edmund | 2004/11/08

It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man’s life is made up of nothing but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.-Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevski, 1821-1881, Russian Novelist

I am more and more convinced that our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves.

Make the choice.

Reply to edmund
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/08

Hi SS,

As far as you can remember, in your child-hood, is there anything that may remotely be construed as something bad happennind to you? I am of the assumption that when it comes to child-hood memories, females seem to be remember much more & in more detail than us males. This is just my assumption.
At the same time I would suggest counselling, as you seem to want to get to the bottom of this. Counselling will only benefit you in this regard & help you sift through your disturbing thoughts. CS will warn you against hypnotism & I tend to agree with him, as there hypnotist may be able to allow you to believe something that may not altogether be true.
Seek out the counselling you so obviously need SS, & keep us informed as to your progress.
Otherwise, if you feel the need, just write into this forum as much as you want. I have found support & help here too often, & too valuable to mention.

Take care,

Reply to Shaun

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.