Question
Posted by: Deon | 2008/02/04

Child wetting Bed

My Daughter turns 3 tomorrow. She has been dry/off nappies since she was 18 months. She started going to Creche on 1 Sept last year, she occasionally wet the bed before whe went to school, the same amounts for day time, In november the Creche teacher asked my wife to pack nappies for her , for the hour sleep in the day at school as she started wetting the bed while she sleeps at school. we obviously refused. Lately since mid november she has been wetting the bed almost every night. Interestingly though, everytime we go camping she sleeps on a stretcher and she does not wet the bed at night. In dec we went camping for two weeks and she only wet the bed the first night, she was dry for the rest o0f the time, she went back to school on 7 Jan and its been downhill since. This past weekend we had visitors and she slept on a stretcher in the lounge and did not wet the bed, Sunday night back in her room and she didi it again? are we paroind about this as she is still quite small or should we look at some remedies, or maybe its deeper?? Hope you can help

Hallo Deon
It sounds to me like there is a possible underlying reason. It may be worthwhile to take her to a child psychologist to see if they can identify an underlying cause for anxiety (maybe something at school?)
Let your GP also test her urine for an urine tract infection.