Posted by: Zola | 2008/07/14

Child Wellfare

Update: Previously I posted about my ex-husband who has reported me to Child wellfare for child abuse. Well he brought the kids back because legally he can't just remove them like that. Then he explained to me how I abuse them:

- I take them out to eat at McDonald's too much and that is very destructive to them coz now they can be bought - If you promise them McDonald's they can do anything.
- When it's their birthdays I should stop making a big deal of it e.g. take them to Spurr. I must just buy them a cake and eat it at home.
- If I was away e.g. overseas, I must not bring them anything back coz then they will expect the same from everyone.
- They watch too much TV. Which was relevant and I have stopped it myself since the beginning of this year.

I had promised myself that I was just going to seat and listen quietly to what he had to say but I got so angry and told him to never tell me what to do about my children again and if he continues to pull these stunts he will lose the children completely. I shouldn't have said that, he could use it against me. I was just so annoyed that I am abusing my kids by taking them to McDonald's.

Anyway, I guess I will just have to accept that until the children can decide for themselves where they want to live he will keep pulling this crap. But I am so offended. I would never abuse a child.

Gosh, if that constitutes child abuse, the world would be full of children keen to get abused like that ! Sounds far more as though he feels totally inadequate to match your perfectly reasonable and modest ways of caring for your kids. Maybe McDonalds would want to consider suing him for defamation ?