Posted by: V Singh | 2009/08/18

Child Pyschologist

My son who is 12yrs old cannot interact on a social level. He can never make friends nor have a decent converstaion with someone his age or older. Now he is being bullied by his classmates. He is a very bright boy and maintains an 85% and higher school average. He is quiet introvert but he needs to be able to stand up for himself or he is going to have this problem for life. Should I take him to therapy and can you reccomend a good therapist?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I cannot recommend specific herapists or shrinks on this site, for a number of excellent reasons. ( added to which, I don't even know where you live !). But it does sound as though it might help your son to see a child psychologist for an assessment and some advice. Check your local phone book, GP, and perhaps FAMSA.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: V Singh | 2009/08/18

In the south of Johannesburg. Are there any other parents out there having a similar issue? How do you deal with it?

Reply to V Singh
Posted by: Maria | 2009/08/18

Where are you situated?

Reply to Maria

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.