Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/01/22

Child molestation survivor

I was between the ages of 5 - 8 years when i was sexually molested by the gardener we had working for us at that time. My family doesnt talk about it so i can only go on what i can remember. I am 24 years now. I am almost certain that there was penetration. I know it might sound daft but am i still considered a virgin if after that i havent had sex? I need to make an appointment with a gynae and i just want to know what sort of complications the molestation could have caused. Do u think i could still bare children?

Thanking u

If there has been penetration, then you would not be a virgin. If you have not had any symptoms, this should not have affected your ability to bear children.

1
Posted by: Funky | 2008/01/23

I know exactly how you feel - I'm also a child molestation survivor I was molested by my step father between the age of 2years old till I was 13 years old. I am now 26. I'm not sure about the "virgin" part physical and moraly but I've had a beautiful baby boy with no complications when I was 17. I would seriously try to get some counceling so that you don't carry this burden into any new relationships. My family also kept it very hush hush and the emotional trauma that I went through eventually caute up with me and destroyed my marriage (I'm now divorced). Subsequently I've been for councelling which did not cost me anything - this can be done through your church or Cape Mental health can assighn someone to you. You've got nothing to be embarresed about you were a victom and your family should have been there for you. Best of luck to you and I hope you find the answeres you are looking for.

Reply to Funky