Posted by: Sam | 2013/02/05

Child maintanance

My soon to be ex-husband earns R19000 per month after deductions plus additional +- R150,000 from a second job. I earn R13000 after deductions. He has agreed to pay R2000 per month for child maintenance for our 2 kids plus medical aid. Is R2000 sufficient and can he take me out of his medical aid. I don’ t have a lawyer.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our users say:
Posted by: ANON | 2013/02/07

You need to work out what the kids expenses are per a month, including housing,water,elec, domestics,bathroom supplies,food, clothing, extra murals, birthday parties,schooling, stationary etc.

You need to then divide that by the percentage that each of you earn. i.e as he earnss more than you he needs to cover 60% and you 40%.

this can be split many ways in that he pays for the school fees directly to the schools or he pays the medical aid for the kids and extra medical expenses not covered by the medical aids, he pays the rent/bond r you can ask for it all in monthly contributions and you then pay the bills your self.

He can remove you from his medical aid unless you have a cronic condition that needs monthly medication , then you can argue to be kept on his.

Hope this helps.

P.S you dont need to have a lawyer to approach the maintenace court in your area and get it all legal and they can also assit in getting the correct amounts.

Reply to ANON

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.