Posted by: pinky | 2006/04/03

child maintanance

hi Doc.

here is the story , i have a child with this guy, who i have difficulities when the month end hits, i have to keep telling him that he needs to deposit a child's money becouse the nenny needs to get paid, intime, but we keep having problems, he keeps tellng me that he is over draft so he won't be able to deposit the money this certain month, or alse he'll say i'll deposit half of the money,

and he havn't paid the damage money yet he always comes up with stiries, the baby satys with my mother and father and thy are both working, as educators,which means they have their own income at the end of the month. my guess is that he thins my mother will use the money for her own need, which is wrong, i also deposit the same amount of money eveymonth first thing.

i need our advise on how should i tacle this matter becouse its getting out of hand now, i'm tire of telling him every month that he need to send the money to his child,i need good advice regarding this matter. should i go to the maintanance, and let him pay the support, and pls tell me how to go about, what are the proceguers, where do i need to go, or you can give me that contact no. of who ever that may help me i'm in Cape Town.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Hi pinky,
I'm sure our other readers should be able to help here, based on their own experience with maintenance problems. Surely the people at the Maintenance Court ought to be able to advise you here, and maybe get a court order to have the maintenance deducted from his earnings first, before he receives the rest. It soesn't matter WHAT he thinks you or your mother may do with the money -- maintenance has to be paid. By him. To you. For the child.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ponky | 2006/04/03

Go to child maintantance court and have an order against him, whereby he will be force to give you money every month, or even better have a court order his employer to take the money straight from his salary into your bank.

I am married with two kids, my hubby used to give me hell with maitenance money I went to court, and every month I get the money on time, at first he even wanted to move out, I said well good do that but do not think that I am going to cancell instead I will want more as I will be having more resposibilities at home.

No all is well he has even stopped drinking a lot liek he used to.

Reply to ponky

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.