Question
Posted by: danny c | 2007/05/08

child crying uncontrollably

Gooday
I would like some information regarding the possibilities that a friends 4year old is experiencing.
For the last month the kid has been crying alot and refuses to allow her mother and sister(who are closest to her) to leave for work etc. apparently she even awakes during the night in tears and sometimes hides in corners crying! Her family thinks it might have been an incident at school but when they speak to her she doesnt give any real information! What could be the problem and what do u suggest they should do?

There are so many possible causes, and as the weping has persisted for weeks, it is significant and not apparently about to clear up on its own. Take her to see a good local child shrink for a proper assessment, and speak to the teachers at school, wo might know whether anything unpleasant may have been happening at the school.

1
Posted by: RMC | 2007/05/08

I'd suggest taking her to a kiddie shrink that can use play therapy to get to the bottom of it. Has anything (even so "small" as the budgie dying) changed in the house?

Reply to RMC