Question
Posted by: Worried Mommy | 2006/11/09

Child colouring in black

my daughter is 4 years old. has always had a very good self esteem, she started a new school at the begining of the year and recently her behaviour has changed. She has temper tantrums and today she brought her colouring work home and the Christmas tree was totally black and the base of the tree was purple. She does not want to participate in any school activities. At home she is fine. What does the colouring and personallity change mean?

I think one should be VERY cautious about over-interpreting children's drawings and especially colouring --- who knows, maybe she likes purple and black, or maybe someone else was using the green and red crayons ? Check with her teacher as to whether they have noticed any problems at school