Question
Posted by: Tired MOmmy | 2008/02/05

Child & Blocked nose

My 6 year old son suffers from a blocked nose every 2 to 3 months for a couple of weeks. I have tried Flusin C , Dimetapp even Allergex. It gets so bad that I need to give him the syrup to drink and at 12 at night I have to use nasal spray. Is there ANYTHING else that I should try , please advice as we hardly sleep at night.

Dear Tired Mommy
If he tends to get hayfever, ask your doctor to prescribe Flixonase to use when he gets these episodes – it is a local cortisone spray that reduces the swelling of the mucosa of the nose. It takes a while to work – a few days at least but once it works, it works very well!

1
Posted by: mad | 2008/02/05

ive got a 1 year old, and whenever she gets a blocked or runny nose i give her demazin, it works very well.

Reply to mad