Question
Posted by: RG | 2008/01/29

Child bath with parent?

I'm not too sure whether this is right place to ask - but here it is:
Untill what age can a daughter bath with her dad? My daughter always love bath time with her dad from very early on in her life (from few months). She is 5 years old now and we are from what age should we stop this. She never ask about Daddy's body and she's totally comfortable with everything. When will she be too "big" for this?
RG

Try the Parenting forum, too. There's no fixed answer to this, but now would be a reasonable time to start moving on from this habit, to make bathtome more about hygiene and cleaning oneself rather than having fun.

3
Posted by: -|||- | 2008/01/30

The fact that you ask makes this a good time to stop. Not in a way that your daughter gets the message that it's been wrong all along, but explain to her that she is now big enough to bath on her own. My daughter is 11 and she'll still run into the bathroom and chat briefly though I don't go into the bathroom when she baths. I know that the moment she feels uncomfortable with coming into the bathroom she'll stop doing it on her own.

Reply to -|||-
Posted by: joe | 2008/01/29

the way i was brought, look age or no age a father should not bath with the child a father can bath the child but may not bath with the child---that way you avoid situations like what you are exeriencing.....i have memories of the time i was five...what if she has this picture of her father naked as a teen ...i do not know the side effects but i know it is not right

Reply to joe
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/29

I suggest you post this on the Parenting forum as well.

Reply to Maria