Question
Posted by: YummyMummy | 2007/04/03

Child Annorexia

Hi There,

I have a 5yr old niece who is slowly starving herself...it's not a concieous weight control thing...she just doesn't feel the need to eat. It has gotten so bad that she's giving away her snack box treats at pre-school to her friends. NOT Sharing giving the whole lot.

It has shaken our family as I have 2 toddlers myself and have never seen anything like this. She gave up on eating from about 2yrs old and it's escalating. Please ADVISE!!!

Best to get her properly assessed by a child psychiatrist, as there could be various causes for this problem behaviour, includign Depression. Anorexia isn't usually diagnosed at this age.

2
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/03

Get her some shakes with all the nutrients and watch her drink it!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Pearl | 2007/04/03

wow, i know that annorexia is rife among teenagers but toddles,its a new thing to me. maybe she could have a medical condition that causes he rto not have appetite.she is too young to be concsious about her body. speak to a doc. and even a diatetien to see if they can help. it must be something that is up in her body.

Reply to Pearl