Question
Posted by: Tee | 2004/10/22

Child Abuse - part 2

I wrote in last week about a little girl being abused.
Well I phoned and reported it. This Wednesday night I get a phone call from the mother of the child, She screams at me that now her child might get taken away, that she (the child) had fallen from her bike and was covered in bruises (she does not have a bike) and they are blaming the grandfather, she went on and on, and my phone discharged. Yesterday she phones me and tells me that she will break down every f....ing wall in her way to get even with the person responsible for doing this. Apparently Child Protection did not give out my name and I did not volunteer that it was me. But she knows it was me, she as good as told me that it was me, I did not deny it, but did not admit it either. I am not sorry for phoning child protection, but I am paniking now because these people are the sort that will let this rest for a while and then phone child protection and report me.
My sister says that even if they did this anybody could see that my child is not abused in any way.
There verbal abuse I can take, and there is going to be a lot more when the family hear of this, but I am now scared of what they can do to my child.
The mother says that she will make child protection give out names and numbers - will child protection do this????

Tee, you did the right thing.And this woman's reaction screams out to all Child Protection workers, her guilt. Call Child Protection, speak to the person handling this case, and tell them what has happened, including your expectation that they will try and make counter-com0-pliants about you, to be spiteful. Maybe even invite that same Child Protection worker to visit your home at your request, to see that things are find, and maybe to further discuss your concerns about this other child ( like her falling off a non-existent bicycle). You might also explore getting a Court interdict, with their help, to prevent them from causing you any grief.
Anybody who doesn't applaud the steps you took to save this child from continuing abuse, is not worth paying attention to.

3
Posted by: K | 2004/10/22

Congratulations - you did the right thing.

I am appauled at the child abuse statistics in this country and it is about time something is done about it. It is too easy to turn your back and say it is not your problem. These little angles did not ask to be born and some of them are victims of the most horrendous crimes. I read in the paper yesterday of a three year old raped by an 12 and 17 year old. What does a 12 year old know about sex let alone rape. And, the report said that the 3 years came home and complained on pain in her genital area ........... where the f..k was a three year old out on her own? Parents need to be eduacated too.

I am sorry but I get very passionate about child abuse as i was abused myself as a 6 year old. It took me years of therapy before I could eventully tell my parents (I was 37 to be exact) my dad was so shocked that he immedaiately wanted to fly back to the UK to get him ... to what avail?

The mother who phoned you will have deal with it. Don't let her scare you. Think about the fact that the child is safe.

Well done!!

Reply to K
Posted by: Kay | 2004/10/22

Hi Tee.

I can understand that you feel this way because she has threatened your child BUT there is no way in hell she can make child protection give her any information and besides I'm sure that the good folks at child protection will know her kind of behaviour and treat it appropriatly. She is only trying to scare you. If she continues I would suggest you go one step further and report her abuse to the police. BHT is right - she is feeling crap - and so she should be - no "mother" deserves to even have a child if she allows it to be abused.

YOU know what you did is right and you have the support of your family. Dont doubt it. And dont let this cow get to you either.

I dont believe that these people will follow through on any threats - they are running scared becasue you have proved that you will NOT be messed with - they are trying to get you to admit it so that they can attack you further.

Be strong and once again - well done!

Reply to Kay
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/22

What you did was right, child abuse will not give out any names or numbers, firstly because it is not allowed and secondly because they are only interested in the child and doing what's best for the child, so don't worry about this. As for any threats to you or your child, report her, you don't have to take it and basically ignore it, she is letting off steam and feeling guilty.....

Good luck and Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired