Question
Posted by: hubbie | 2007/05/13

child

doc, I am feeling down. I have worked like a maniac the last 4 weeks 7/7 and over the long weekend as well. We managed to get extension on the development I am doing. It is my weekend wih my child. Friday afternoon she took him to movies. I phoned close to 5 times yesterday (she does not answer) and drove over to see me child but they were not in.
She does not work as her needs have been taken care off very well by me for the benefit of the child. She is planning a trip for her and her sister to New York in June. She will pay.
Just last week she asked if I am dating someone - I said no(work is bogging me down and I do have offers from women to go out and trying to date me). She said she can understand as I am "f*****g ugly "
I am trying to keep this divorce thing clean and yet she treats me with such disdain(as she did in the marriage)
If I take her on legally it will impact on the child. At this stage I feel stopping all links between me and them(ex and the child)
Also the CBT councillor I saw fell asleep halfway through the session.
At the end of it all people are really starting to p me off.

Hello hubbie,
We already know that she is a very old spoilt brat with cruel bad manners and totally selfish to boot. I don't see why taking her on legally ought to impact on the child at all --- lawyers ought to keep the argument in court, and if she drags the child into it, the court ought to put a stop to that promptly.
Sorry that you seem to have managed to find a uniquely soporific CBT counsellor ! I wonder, though, whether with all your extra overtime and over-exertion, it was perhaps mainly the effect of you actually sitting down quietly for the dist time for ages ?

1
Posted by: J | 2007/05/13

that really makes me feel so sad :( . I'm sorry you're going through this shite. It's so tough when one party makes all the effort and the other one is so self-absorbed that they can't care for the people around them. I really think your ex has a problem and is just lashing out as much as she can. She's been hurt, by whomever in her life and she's taking it out on you. I think it's best to distance yourself for a while at least, and then try make contact with your child again at a later stage. I know it may be tough for your child not to see you, but she / he will grow up one day and realise, but you'll have to make contact again at one stage. Well, good luck I guess, and keep your chin up!!

Reply to J