Question
Posted by: Leandie | 2008/01/02

Chicken Pox

My daughter is 18 years old, and was exposed to chicken pox to 3 children that had chickenpox in differant stages. That was a week ago. She is complaining of headaches and nasea, she also have a few spots on her arms (espescially in the bend of her arms) and on her chest? Is she in the process of getting chicken pox, or could she have it in a mild case?

Dear Leandie
It sounds like early chicken pox - the rash looks like mosquito bites that develop into blisters and the spots are not all at the same stage at the same time. Maybe your GP should have a look as older young people can get really sick with excruciating headaches!

5
Posted by: sandy | 2008/11/26

I have a rash that looks like chicken pox on my tummy, I went to the doc &  the blood tests show that it is a viral infection but she can not say which one, I wake up each day with a few more spots &  am getting frequent head aches, what infection could cause this?

Reply to sandy
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2008/08/21

I work at a school and we would like to know how long is a child contagious with chickenpox? Is the child still contagious when the sores are dry?

Michelle

Reply to MICHELLE
Posted by: gogo | 2008/08/07

more about chickenpox

Reply to gogo
Posted by: PING PONG | 2008/07/16

2 YRS OLD GIRL DIAGNOSED WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CHICKEN POX - SHE HAS A DISCHARGE - SLUMY - IS THIS FORM THE CHICKEN POX????

Reply to PING PONG
Posted by: Joelene | 2008/01/03

My daughter has had chicken pox for 6 days now. Is it true that I am not allowed to bath her? If so, when can I bath her?

Reply to Joelene