Question
Posted by: cindy | 2005/12/14

chicken pocks

My daughter is 3 months pregnant and only found out this morning, her daughters both had chicken pocks in the last 2 months, will it have an effect on the pregnancy as I know measels are dangerous so what about chicken pocks.

Rubella is the problem. Chicken pox would not affect the pregnancy. In any case, your daughter herself did not have chicken pox.

2
Posted by: jules | 2006/02/03

my 3 children have got chicken pocks.
the spots have only just come out on them.
two of my close friends are in their last trimester of pregnancy and my sister in law has a week old baby,
do i have to keep away from them all?
if so for how long?
how long is it contagious for?

Reply to jules
Posted by: Dee | 2005/12/15

I did a search for you in the archives:

Subject: Chicken pox and pregnancy
Posted by: Kippie
Message:
Hi doc
I am now almost 11 weeeks pregnant and have been in close contact with someone that has chicken pox (child).
I have rubella antibodies and will this protect me from this, if not, what are the risks.

I was also forced due to a tooth problem to use amoxil (my gynae said it is ok), but what are the implications of it?

Date: 18/11/2003

Subject:
Posted by: Gynaedoc
Message:
Chickenpox at 11 weeks should not be a problem. With chickenpox, the problems occur if you get it close to the time of delivery. Rubella is a completely different thing and you will not be protected from chickenpox if you have rubella antibodies. If you do get chickenpox, it would be important to try to control any fever.
Amoxil is safe in pregnancy.

Reply to Dee